> Hi,
>
> We use sipxecs 4.0.4 and it is not behind NAT. Nat Traversal
> feature for remote workers is enabled.
>
> I have some questions related with outbound proxy and
> registration refresh time (registration expiration time).
>
> Questions related to outbound proxy.
>
> 1. How do i test that my server is working properly as an
> outbound proxy server?

The proxy does not really have to do anything special to "be" an outbound proxy.
Configuring a phone to use your sipXecs as its outbound proxy ensures that the
sipXecs proxy will always see dialog-forming requests originated by your
phones.  When you have a deployment that includes remote NATed phones then we
strongly recommend that *all* phones (not just remote phones) use sipXecs as
their outbound proxy.  This is required to ensure that call flows such as call
pickup work when involving remote workers.  If a phone can successfully invoke
a call pickup to retrieve a call from a ringing remote NATed phone then the
phone that invoked the call pickup has its outbound proxy properly configured.

> 2. What will happen if i leave empty Outbound proxy setting
> on the phone? How the phone will work in this situation?

You will see failures when you try to do call pickup & call park involving
remote NATed phones.  Things like registrations, basic calls, call transfers,
music on hold, conference, paging, BLF, ..., will work without configuring an
outbound proxy on the phone.

> 3. If Outbound proxy is left empty, then is it possible this
> to cause disconnecting the phone just after every call?

No.  Can you elaborate on what it means to 'cause disconnecting the phone'?
Does the phone drop the call without user intervention? Does it lose its
registration? Does it reset?

> 4. If Outbound proxy is left empty, then is it possible this
> to cause late registration refresh problem (phone disconects
> after a call and reregister after some time again, but later
> than Refresh time)?

No, that would be a bug on the phone's part.  The phone should be able to
refresh its registration before it expires.  What kind of phone model and f/w
version are we talking about here?

> Questions related to registration refresh time (registration
> expiration time).
>
> 5. Which value is good to be set as Refresh time on the
> phone? I know that default hardcoded minimum time is 300.
> Does it make sence to put a lower value or a high value?

A hardcoded minimum of 300 is not enough.  Phone is expected to be able to go
lower.  SipXecs will use refresh intervals as low as 180 seconds for remote
workers.  The phone should go below that (90 seconds maybe)

> 6. Which values can prevent late registration refresh
> problem? Lower values or higher values?

What setting are we talking about here and how is it being used by the phone?