Dave wrote:
> > Would you achieve the same behaviour if VM#2 were replaced with a
> > 3921001 -> 1001 transformation rule?
> The transformation would almost provide the same
> functionality, although then I wouldn't be able to use the
> "8" prefix to go directly to both 4-digit and 7-digit extensions.
> E.g. 8-3202 to go to local user 3202 mailbox, 8-3948811 to go
> to external user 3948811 mailbox.

Dave noticed this, but for the benefit of others:

    http://list.sipfoundry.org/archive/sipx-dev/msg23540.html [sipX-dev] VM
rule "Internal station extension length" setting - purpose?

This limitation has been identified as a deficiency, and not a feature.

Any Voicemail dial plan simplification will need to fix this issue.  i.e. The
"8" prefix would work for extensions of any length.

-Paul
paulmoss...@avaya.com