What Tony says is definitely worth thinking about.  What would you do if the
T1 was down for a week or two?

A gateway out at the remote for 911 / backup at a minimum.

The Patton Smartnode gateways are functional enough that you could have a
secondary line on certain/all phones registered directly to the gateway so
that you could select it for outbound if needed and you could program the
gateway to allow inbound to ring to the registered extensions...

Mike

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 11:57 PM, Tony Graziano <
tgrazi...@myitdepartment.net> wrote:

> Speaking from a perspective where I have customers who do not have full
> service restored since a storm (now at 7 days), the last of which has the
> aterm of the circuit across the street from the main telco. Never say
> never.
>
> A standalone system makes so much more sense to me, because even with a T1
> outage the users there will be able to call "each other".
> ============================
> Tony Graziano, Manager
> Telephone: 434.984.8430
> Fax: 434.984.8431
>
> Email: tgrazi...@myitdepartment.net
>
> LAN/Telephony/Security and Control Systems Helpdesk:
> Telephone: 434.984.8426
> Fax: 434.984.8427
>
> Helpdesk Contract Customers:
> http://www.myitdepartment.net/gethelp/

There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and
those who don't.

mpic...@gmail.com
blog: http://www.sipxecs.info
call: sip:mpic...@sipxecs.info <sip%3ampic...@sipxecs.info>