On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 1:12 PM, m...@grounded.net <m...@grounded.net> wrote:
> I guess I don't understand why so many things seem to be missing in the ISO
> installs I have. Every time I try to run a program that most seem to think
> should be on the system, it's not there. Maybe I need to switch over to using
> a source based system? Would that make a difference?

ISO is meant to get you a running system.  The idea is running yum to
install things after that, that are not critical to the operation of
the system is not difficult for users.  Trying to keep the size <650MB
is getting harder and harder to do as sipXecs grows.

if you have to call cpan to install modules, that's another story,
capturing anything other than rpms on the iso is very difficult,
simply because the OS on the ISO doesn't actually run until 2nd stage
of install.

there is a sipXiso project to build your own ISO with your own tools
preinstalled
 http://wiki.sipfoundry.org/display/xecsdev/Building+Your+Own+CentOS+ISO