On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 2:48 PM, m...@grounded.net <m...@grounded.net> wrote:
> I don't know of any other way to add perl modules?

you'd be running the most common platform and setup for production
machines.  many developers use fedora, some F10, some F12 but not for
production and cpan may have an easier time installing on fedora.
Unfortunate circumstance of picking a production OS with a lifespan
going on 3.5 years, older when you consider it's really fedora 6.

also, cpan is also a huge PITA installing of soap lite.  Makes me glad
i never learned perl to any real extent.

sorry i cannot be of more help here.

>> there is a sipXiso project to build your own ISO with your own tools
>> preinstalled
>> http://wiki.sipfoundry.org/display/xecsdev/Building+Your+Own+CentOS+ISO
>
> I'm pretty sure I've always picked up my ISOs from
> http://sipxecssw.org/pub/sipXecs/
> So, the above aren't the same?

the project is scripts to build your own ISOs, so different in that
sense.  The scripts to build the ISOs you've been using are not
available AFAIK hence this sipXiso project was created.  I've worked
out the kinks and feel pretty confident in them.  I just checked and
they work with CentOS 5.5 as is so they'll be the least amount to
update after install and the most secure out of the box.  This doesn't
address your issue, just more information for those following this
part of the thread.