What gateway are you using?
Josh Patten
Assistant Network Administrator
Brazos County IT Dept.
(979) 361-4676

On 7/12/2010 1:29 PM, Jake Ballamis wrote:

All,

I have been doing some testing of transfers this morning and am seeing some behavior that I didn’t expect to find.  I’d like to run this by everyone to see if I’m just off my rocker, or if we might have an issue with our sipx installation.

We are currently on 4.2 with Polycom 550/650 phones (1 550, 2 650).

If I make an inbound call from my cell phone, it defaults to Ext. 200.  Ext. 200 hits “Transfer”, then dials another extension, say Ext 201 and speaks with that person.  If Ext. 200 hits “More” then “Conference”, all three lines are included in the conference call.  If Ext. 200 disconnects/hangs up, the conference between all three users is ended.  I would expect that the other two lines (my cell phone and Ext. 201) would remain connected for the duration of their conversation.

Alternatively, if I make an inbound call from my cell phone, it defaults to Ext. 200, we hit “Hold”, then “New Call”, dial Ext 201, then “Join”, all three lines are on a conference.  If Ext 200 drops out, the same thing happens.  UNLESS one of the three is  a softphone.

In this scenario, if I make an inbound call from my cell phone to my Polycom handset (Ext 201), I place my cell phone on hold and dial my softphone (ext 401), then choose “Join” and then hang up my Polycom (Ext 201), the call remains active.  If all three lines are hard phones, this scenarios results in the same as the other two.

I suspect that there is an issue with how the call is handled, but wanted to get some feedback.  I am happy to provide logs and will work on gathering them.

Any ideas with the given information is greatly appreciated.

Jake Ballamis

Technical Support Manager

p. 801-566-TECH (8324)

f. 801-208-9317

jballa...@alliancetechsolutions.com

136867_logo_final.jpg

This e-mail is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
Copying, forwarding or distributing this message by persons or entities
other than the addressee is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in
error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material from
any computer, This e-mail may have been monitored for policy compliance.