On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 4:43 PM, McIlvin, Don
<don.mcil...@nrtnortheast.com> wrote:
> The error occurred on both the "device file" page and "upload" page
> after clicking <activate>.. "An internal error has occurred. Click
> (here) to continue". The (here) brought me to the SipXecs config 4.2
> login page. All the other device file sets where deactivated at the
> time. Only by deleting list entries so only one Polycom remained, would
> it successfully activate.

it also sounded like you had an internal error, you might want to check
 /var/log/sipxpbx/sipxconfig.log
and post the error message.

> Is there an XX-nnnn entry to fix this? I sure would like very much to
> vote for it :).
>
> Making it easier to manage and apply different versions or combinations
> of boot and SIP sw for varied phone models would be rather helpful.

I couldn't believe there wasn't one so i created it
  http://track.sipfoundry.org/browse/XX-8651
it's been talked about quite a while.  if there was one , i couldn't find it.