I resolved the problem by using the delete icon on the device file page
in sipconfigure 4.2. As such SipXecs had only one entry/version of
Polycom firmware.

In terms of "Unzipped and present" do you mean "activated". I found that
if I had two versions loaded in separate entries on the Device Files
page, I would get the "Internal error" when I tried to change which one
was activated.

Someone else was getting the error after a restore.

How do I see what is stored at the DB level?

Regards,

Don