On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 5:29 PM, Matthew Kitchin (public/usenet)
<mkitchin.pub...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Where is the template file I would need to look at? I'm familiar with
> polycom_sip.cfg, and I don't see anything there.
> I have only changed 1 or 2 polycom settings total that had to be done
> outside of the sipx web interface.

doesn't look good, I just ran this

[r...@sipxecs tftproot]# polycom-config 0004f2136b24-* | egrep -i
'(headset|echo|cancel)'
/phone1/user_preferences/up.analogHeadsetOption=0
/sip/user_preferences/up.headsetMode=0
/sip/voice/volume/voice.volume.persist.headset=0

where 0004f2136b24 is the mac address of my polycom 430 and didn't
come up with anything.

NOTES:
* polycom-config is a script in sipXtools that flattens out the
polycom xml config files, one per line and is useful for grepping
* this request gives credence to keeping all settings and especially
point #3 in this thread
        http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.voip.sipx.devel/22473
* If you find the setting in the polycom configuration docs, I'll be
happy to tell you how to add it to your local system and get it into
the next 4.2 stable build