On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 10:44 PM, Matthew Kitchin (Public)
<mkitchin.pub...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't know.... That is what my individual handset files in the tftproot
> folder looked like. These are the files that are uploaded (if allowed) when
> an user makes changes on their handset. Maybe we are talking about 2
> different files? I searched through the admin guide, and I couldn't find
> squat on the topic.

Ok, googling tells me, the <PHONE_CONFIG and <OVERRIDES is irrelevant.
 I forgot that polycom xml files are really glorified ini files only
harder to read.

Well, if your reverse engineering is right, these are the relevant settings
 voice.ns.hd.silenceAttn="-9"
 voice.ns.hd.signalAttn="-6"
 voice.ns.hd.enable="1"
 voice.aes.hd.duplexBalance="7"
 voice.aes.hd.enable="1"
 voice.aec.hd.enable="1

Which seem like strange names for echo cancellation, but could be.
The admin guide has this to say about these settings.

   4.6.1.8.6 Background Noise Suppression <NS/>
           These settings control the performance of the transmit
background noise suppression
           feature.
              Do not alter these values.

So these are not configurable but defaults to exist in template so you
can set these ONLY for all phones.

In file
  /etc/sipxpbx/polycom/polycom_sip_3.1.X.cfg

settings:

<NS voice.ns.hs.enable="1" voice.ns.hs.signalAttn="-6"
voice.ns.hs.silenceAttn="-9" voice.ns.hd.enable="0"
voice.ns.hd.signalAttn="0" voice.ns.hd.silenceAttn="0"
voice.ns.hf.enable="1" voice.ns.hf.signalAttn="-6"
voice.ns.hf.silenceAttn="-9" ...

and regenerate profiles, you *may* need to restart sipxecs, I'm not sure.