What about something like using Exchange Unified Messaging, and the
clustering you can do with that for voicemail?  It's not open source,
but if you were a heavily Microsoft shop already, it might be
something that was withing reach.

Call control could stay with Sipx, and the voicemail records could
still point to Exchange.  Just a thought.

Kurt Siegfried