On 7/26/10 8:23 PM, Douglas Hubler wrote:
> port swapping wonkyness of sipXbridge
yes, this part.  ezuce needs to fix this, and/or someone needs to
document that it doesn't work.
(I have tried to get help on this for.. months.  people who never tried
it always tell me the same thing. )
BUT it seems that IP BASED auth/registration will NOT work with
non-standard ports, since something in sipxbridge reverts back to port
5060, no matter whats in the interface. and level3 and I wasted three
days fighting a battle that apparently was lost to begin with.

(all you who tell me that IP based auth/registration SHOULD work with
voip.ms: put your money where your mouth is. make it work. it won't.
with ip based, voip.ms wants to connect to sipx on port 5060.  nothing
on their customer interface allows you to change that to 5080.  only way
to get it to work on 5080 is user/password auth.
similar strangeness with skype.  but with skype, you could put in your
port number)

level three NOW tells me they could have just done port 5060 :-)  (take
THAT ATT and Verizon!)

however, now, I am using them as an sbc, not sipx, and I don't know what
else won't work.

calls don't forward, three way conference doesn't work.

level 3 looking at it now.