On 8/4/10 7:06 PM, Josh M. Patten wrote:

Who here has IMAP sync with Exchange working?

What version of Exchange?

If so, is there anything special that has to be done to make it work?

in exchange 2007 there were some extra settings that were needed.
does ANYTHING with with IMAP on that exchange server?
(yes, I am breaking one of my rules for answering: never tried it, but I do remember we had issues with our email security system pulling information from exchange 2007, or did we need to tweak the imap options on our side). I think 2007 supports imaps ONLY by default. you might need to switch back.
does it work manually.
'telnet {host} 143'
a001 CAPABILITY
a001 LOGOUT
do you have AUTH=PLAIN?

telnet back in.
a001 LOGIN user pass

and/or use wireshark or tcpdump to watch the traffic and see what the error is.
//are you using IMAPS? if so, it is signed by a recognized CA?
test like this: (and then those tests above
openssl s_client -crlf -connect {host}:993

If this is 2007, I'll go back through our buglist and see if I can find out

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
o: 561-999-5000
> *| *SECNAP Network Security Corporation

   * Certified SNORT Integrator
   * Best in Email Security,2010: Network Products Guide
   * King of Spam Filters, SC Magazine 2008