From: sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org
[mailto:sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org] On Behalf Of Douglas
Hubler
Sent: August-04-10 6:54 PM
To: sipx-users
Subject: [sipx-users] Wiki versioning good or bad idea

Anyone a fan of Confluence's feature to copy entire spaces into new
versions?  I'm not and here's why

* Simple search pulls up redundant copies of probably the same
information
* Editors can easily make mistakes and edit the wrong version if they
are not careful or not aware (just happened with ldap)

Proposal
* Don't use versioning in confluence and if developers want to version
things that are in upcoming releases to existing pages, they can add an
in-line image denoting the version.  Kinda like the "v3.8" image you see
in this page

http://sipx-wiki.calivia.com/index.php/Import_User_and_Device_Data_from_
CSV_Files

Benefits
* none of the issues notes above
* only the developers need to be aware of this
* worst case if it's not done, it's not a big deal
* if we want to remove all images because version is so old, just delete
image or replace image w/blank image

Another proposal
* Screw trying to version things, it's a wiki.  Go to page history if