On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 3:04 PM, M. Ranganathan <mra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> DID termination in India ist verboten. As far as I can tell, that is
> because it competes with the Indian government monopoly on land lines
> or it is because the big telecoms want to monopolize the market.
>
> India is another wannabe free market. I have a rant somewhere on the
> sipforum list. I'll try to find it so I will not need to rant again.
>
> Ranga
>
> Actually I understand "both sides" of the argument. Though with a
burgeoning economy, I have the opinion that DID termination should be opened
up because it then becomes "burdensome" for firms to do business in
countries with very strict government regulation. I have a customer hiring
there, for work being done there, but long standing alliances and "politics
as usual" (this is just a general rant, especially with government
controlled monopolies and in now way has anything to do with one particular
country) keep this from being a simple thing, or as simple as it "should"
be. It's almost 2011...

Getting trunks and international dialing to there is no big deal, but DID
numbers is a big deal, because then his firm can have customers call them
"easily".

Always possible to do a site-to-site vpn and put an analog gateway on the
other side... but I hate layering like that.

On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 2:46 PM, Sven Evensen <sven.even...@onrelay.com>
> wrote:
> > India also have these voip regulatory issues. We are working with Indian
> > mobile operator and it is difficult. Do not know the details of their
> > restrictions yet though.
> >
> > Sven

Why do mathematicians always confuse Halloween and Christmas?
Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec.