On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 11:11 AM, Jim Canfield <jcanfi...@emstar.com> wrote:

> I've been reading up on the 3.3.0 firmware changes and it brings up several
> questions:
>
> What version(s) of SipXecs will support the new configs?
>
> i am under the impression it will be post 4.3 (5.0).

> Is the current development version being tested against the new configs?

Is there a migration plan?

> I noticed there is also a configuration file migration utility.  I'm going
> to try passing a few sipxecs generated configs through it and see what
> happens.

It would be  interesting to know. I'd also like to test it against 4.2.x
with SLA/BLF and a remote user.

> I'm very interested in the some of the new features like dynamic updates
> w/o rebooting the phones.
>
> hopefully!

i also think distinctive ring could help with parked calls, but once the
park server is replaced that's all up in the air as BLF might be no longer
supported for parks...

> -Jim

Why do mathematicians always confuse Halloween and Christmas?
Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec.