Might you be putting a '$' in the password somewhere?

I just ran into this issue...  if you use a '$' in the root password, the
root password is set to everything up to but not including the '$'.

Mike

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 9:01 AM, Joe Micciche <jmicc...@redhat.com> wrote:

> rpm install from the Fedora repo originally noted.
>
> SELinux is disabled.
>
> I am referring to the real root user on the server, not the superadmin
> user in sipX. This occurs after running sipxecs-setup as root.
>
> I am going to do another install today via CentOS or RHEL repo and will
> report what happens.
>
> joe
>
> On 08/22/2010 09:52 AM, Martin Steinmann wrote:
> >> Subject: Re: [sipx-users] root password in sipXecs V4.2.1 Fedora
> >> install
> >>
> >> When you install from rpm the setup script is the "same" one used from
> >> iso.
> >
> > That is not correct.  There are two scripts:  sipxecs-setup and
> > sipxecs-setup-system, both are Python scripts.  The CD installer runs
> both,
> > after an RPM install you have to run sipxecs-setup manually, but not the
> > other one
> > --martin
> >

> >> Assuming you installed RPM from "root", the script should be able to
> >> change
> >> the passwd. It might be that the steps to do so are different in FC12?
> >>
> >> In either case, should the script detect OS from the "releases" file
> >> and
> >> handle changing the root passwd differently?
> >>

> >> ============================
> >> Tony Graziano, Manager
> >> Telephone: 434.984.8430
> >> Fax: 434.984.8431
> >>
> >> Email: tgrazi...@myitdepartment.net
> >>
> >> LAN/Telephony/Security and Control Systems Helpdesk:
> >> Telephone: 434.984.8426
> >> Fax: 434.984.8427
> >>
> >> Helpdesk Contract Customers:
> >> http://www.myitdepartment.net/gethelp/

There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and
those who don't.

mpic...@gmail.com
blog: http://www.sipxecs.info
call: sip:mpic...@sipxecs.info <sip%3ampic...@sipxecs.info>