Good question!

I just tested it and the setup routine throws an Error message 'Faled to set
the root password' and prompts you to 'Redo' it again... but then it moves
on to setting the IP address of the system...

I'll continue on and see if the PW is still 'setup'.

Mike

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 9:07 AM, Joe Micciche <jmicc...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 08/25/2010 08:39 AM, Michael Picher wrote:
> > Might you be putting a '$' in the password somewhere?
> >
> > I just ran into this issue...  if you use a '$' in the root password, the
> > root password is set to everything up to but not including the '$'.
> >
> > Mike
>
> And if $ is the first character in the password? lol

> Joe Micciche                            jmicc...@redhat.com
> Red Hat, Inc.                           http://www.redhat.com
> Senior Communications Engineer          X(81) 44554
> +1.919.754.4554

There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and
those who don't.

mpic...@gmail.com
blog: http://www.sipxecs.info
call: sip:mpic...@sipxecs.info <sip%3ampic...@sipxecs.info>