I suggest you disable sipd. The tr68/tr69 pid's are a problem, because it is
possible they can update the firmware and then lock you out from making
changes later on. I also noticed they use a considerable amount of CPU.

The sipd process is really geared towards their SIP service, so I doubt that
unless they provide a way to turn it off, the way around it is to install
something like opensips or a SBC that can traverse the issues with the way
the sipd is functioning (which may not be totally possible, IMO).

If it were me, and its not, I'd disable the pid's and be concerned only when
my TV or Internet wasn't working right and the provider tells me I need to
update the firmware. I am curious how many remote users you have with a
bbox2 implementation and how difficult it would be to change providers.

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 7:44 AM, Smith <mb11...@telenet.be> wrote:

> For the SIP configuration, It was more, an enable/disable
> switch as I remember. I was also able to use and configure
> Dynamic DNS, but Belgacom lock down the BBOX-2.
>
> [I doubt, unless the provider wants to "fix" their
> implementation, there is
> much that can be done other than to disable it via the
> methods shown
> earlier.]
>
> What do you suggest ?
>
> (sorry for bad english, I'm french speaking)  :?

Why do mathematicians always confuse Halloween and Christmas?
Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec.