Laurentiu,

Thanks for the reply. I think I figured it out.

With Active Directory the default fieldname that user lookups are
performed on is sAMAccountName.  Even though I set this in the IM
userid field when I originally set up LDAP, that field is not being
used by openfire.

I added this field to the ofproperty table:

ldap.usernameField  = sAMAccountName

When I comment out the section in  vi
/etc/sipxpbx/sipxopenfire-database.xml to tell sipx not to update the
database (and thus erase the field I add) and use sipproc to restart
the openfire service,then I can authenticate using my AD credentials.

Can anyone verify this using Acitve Directory?

Kyle