On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 5:57 PM, Kyle Haefner
<kyle.haef...@colostate.edu> wrote:
> Has anyone had any success getting openfire to auth against AD?  I'm
> convinced it is broken.  I can set-up a new instance of openfire using
> the embedded DB and it works against AD, but every time I try openfire
> as configured by sipx it never works.

what you do mean specifically by "try openfire as configured by sipx
it never works"?
what IM client are you using?
what is the error message the client shows?
did you import your users?
did you map a field to IM handle?

> Some tings I noticed about the sipx ofproperty database:
>
> 1.  There is no setting for ldap.usernameField
> 2.  There is no setting for ldap.searchFilter
>
> My standalone install of openfire seems to need these.

Laurentui may be able to explain what you should see in the XML.