On 09/23/2010 10:10 PM, Massimo VIGNONE wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In a HA scenario, with two servers running Sipxecs 4.2.1-018932, users
> registered on one server can't call users on the other servers: they get
> back a "408 Request timeout message".
>
> The problem happens randomly, so I can't reproduce it and tracing calls
> with Sipviewer doesn't help.

After tracing lots of calls, now I can say that the problem seems not
related to calls from users registered on one servers to users
registered on the other server: i'm getting a 408 message when an
endpoint calls another endpoint, randomly.

The only thing I can see is that, after the initial INVITE, calls are
diverted quite immediately to voicemail. Called user responds to the
proxy with a TRYING message only after some seconds (two or three), but
the call is already diverted.

Now I'm wondering if this behaviour is due to the fact that I've
configured my Polycoms phones to validate INVITE requests, using the
"source" method.

Any idea?

Max

--

Massimo Vignone
UniMORE - Servizi Informatici - Reti e Sistemi

Phone: +39.059.2058032  Fax: +39.059.2058034
sip:massimo.vign...@unimore.it  ISN:8032*881