Some calls are coming into sipXecs with a low number (5 of less, sometimes 3 or less) hops remaining.

The ITSP says that the calls arrive at their switch that way.

Looking at the sipxtrace, it looks like the modular architecture of sipXecs "eats" a lot of hops (ITSP to sipXbridge, sipXbridge to sipXproxy, sipXproxy to sipXregistrar), causing the call to fail with "Too many hops."

Is there a way to cause the sipXecs system as a whole to only treat itself as one Hop (I hope that some other means of loop detection is in place?)

Alternately, is there some way for the sipXbridge to add a few extra hops to the incoming call to account for this?

I have seen this also. example: lets say we want a phantom user that just fwds to a hunt group. Depending on how you set it up , time of day, week of month, signs in the heavens, third thursday of week with 'A' in month name.. it will work or not work (I have seen EXACTLY the same setup work and EXACTLY the same setup fail). Usually, I have to add a phantom phone and assign it the phantom user as a line.. BUT NOT ALWAYS. and the calls come in and bounce 'too many hops' when in fact, the call ia a DID, the DID is set to FWD to: a hunt group, or a conference room.

I have also seen sipx (someone) set hops to 1 if NOT using sipx bridge (ie: using a SBC)

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
o: 561-999-5000
>*| *SECNAP Network Security Corporation

   * Certified SNORT Integrator
   * Best in Email Security,2010: Network Products Guide
   * King of Spam Filters, SC Magazine 2008