From: sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org
[mailto:sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org] On Behalf Of Worley,
Dale R (Dale)
Sent: maandag 3 januari 2011 17:46
To: Discussion list for users of sipXecs software
Subject: Re: [sipx-users] Call forwarding at phone

From: sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org
[sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org] On Behalf Of Henry Dogger
[h.dog...@telecats.nl]

I have found an issue and want to know if this is normal behavior
When I configure a call forward at my phone (so not at user web
interface) it only works if the caller has permission to call mobile
numbers (if I forward to a mobile)
If the forwarded phone is called from outside (gateway) it cannot be
reached since the gateway has no permission to call mobile numbers
Is this normal behavior?
If I configure the same call forward at user web interface it works as
expected.

As someone replied, if the phone forwards the call, the call proceeds
with the permissions of the gateway, which is not permitted to call out.
If sipX does the forwarding, it knows the user on whose behalf the call
is being forwarded, and arranges for the call to proceed based on that
user's permissions.

I suppose you could set the gateway to have call-out permission, but
then even users that did not have call-out permission could forward
incoming calls to outside numbers.

Dale