I have a similar problem my ITSP for some reason they send calls with a
max-forwards of 4 !!!!. They changed this i think sometime around August
2010 (the last time i was able to use voicemail)

ITSP is IINET in Australia.

I've tried to argue with them but they simply say that the service is for
consumer ATA's not a comms system.

It would be great if we could add something along the lines of what Mike has
said.
Regards,
Brett