On 6/24/2011 7:58 AM, Tony Graziano wrote:
> As I've said, the FS update eliminated that same stutter we all had at
> some point. You probably haven't moved to the most recent patch, be
> aware it does make polycom template changes, so when the system comes
> up it will reboot the phones.
>
> On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 7:55 AM, Michael Picher<mpic...@ezuce.com>  wrote:
>> At a minimum you've cleaned up your QOS  :-)
>> But as Tony suggests, I'd still do a 'yum update'.

I did a 'yum update' on Thursday night (June 23) and now I'm at version
"4.4.0- 2011-06-22EDT11:58:30 ip-10-72-38-198."  Unfortunately, users on
the local LAN are still experiencing the dropped syllable issue when
speaking with remote callers but there hasn't been any mention of users
experiencing the stutter when listening to voicemail.  Thank you for the
suggestion to upgrade.

Since we've verified that the QoS has been set properly (thank you, :-))
and this is a gigabit LAN, is it possible that there is some electrical
interference causing the issue with dropped syllables?  Have either one
of you had experience with that being the cause of VOIP problems?  One
of the on-site techs was wondering if there might be some EMF interference.

Thank you both for your help thus far.  I really appreciate it.