Karoo or which ever application binding to a UDP port is beyond ICMP. The rule is if you see an error which says ICMP error, the culprit is always a firewall app or an application talking directly to the kernel. I am going to be a bit unhelpful here but the only thing I could advice is to make sure your firewall is not getting in the way.