Possibly unrelated, but something I ran into - When using an external PSTN / ISDN gateway (audiocodes / patton etc) , if the gateway resides on the same network as sipX, there is no method for differentiation between an internal and external call - IMO this limits the usefulness of the current patch.

One thing I think would be really useful and would love to see implemented with regard to distinctive ringtones is a way to set a distinctive tone per user / ring group / incoming gateway - Many users coming from basic digital keyphone systems have specific tones implemented depending on whether a call is coming from particular PSTN lines / an internal caller / door phone etc and its often difficult loosing that functionality during a conversion.

Given that the basis for distinctive ring has already been done, how much work would it be to implement something like this?
BTW, is there any sort of Asterisk-style bounty system for sipX?

Thanks,
Jeff