I think if you are using a sip trunk, you should "Enable For Internal
calls" only and test. I found it worked best this way. Then, yes
enabling a different ring tone for the line(s) (at the phone, not in
sipxconfig) which works on outside calls, seems to work well (for me).
What I found does not work, selecting ring tone from sipxconfig for
outside calls.

forwarned: you might find an audible delay in outside calls using a
pstn gateway. you have been forwarned.