sipX version 4.2.1-018971.21.0
gateways are Audiocodes Mediant 1000s, PRI, version
5.80A.023.006

There is some use of forwarding, but not that much,
particularly with the number of reports I've received.

There are actually 2 Mediants.  One we have used for 2+
years with no trouble.  The second one was only recently
added to deal with an increase in users.  The ringing has
only been reported since the addition.  The config files
look identical though.  We're checking with our carrier for
differences in the way the PRIs are configured.

To be clear, the phone itself is not ringing - the phantom
ring is heard in the earpiece.