Then by all means open a jira and ask the dev-list their opinions on this. i
would maintain you would want to try to maintain a native dialplan (no "99"
stuff). That works fine for sending a call to a gateway to get processed and
simply place a call. Transfers are more complicated. You should dial 4495
and send 4495. You should also try a siptrunk with the same IP as the patton
gateway and see if the siptrunk provides any different behavior for the dial
rule of 4495 (or whatever number range makes sense for what you are doing).

I don't think the invite is correct (994495) but it does not matter in a
normal "place a call" mode. Once we leave the proxy for another sipdomain,
that's really a different beast.

Have you tried this as a siptrunk?