you don't. you do if you don't have something parsing or rewriting it
correctly., or is incapable of doing it.

sipx is a proxy. if you are connecting as an unmanaged gateway, this should
work fine. at the same tine I ha e seen this dine with older necessary pbx
systems and have not heard of call transfer issues.

you could also set this up as a siptrunk or as a b2bua in the patton with
the patton essentially registering to sipx.

I would not curry favor with you in suggesting to use a polycom handset as
the sipx ua, which is the only way I have seen it done. sometimes the least
common. component (ua) poses the greatest difficulty. you might inquire of
patron whether they can make you a b2ua on the patton to be the middle ma.
between the two systems.
On Sep 7, 2011 5:33 PM, "Steve Beaudry" <steve.beau...@royalroads.ca> wrote:
> You realize that in the case of a dialed call (if a SipXecs user picks up
a grandstream phone and dials) to 4495, the SipXecs server DOES rewrite the
headers, and the rules exist on the patton to route the call correctly?

> I'm afraid that I don't understand why I should need an SBC simply to
handle a transfer between two systems, when dialing back and forth between
those systems works properly.

sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org] On Behalf Of Tony Graziano
> Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2011 2:27 PM
> To: Discussion list for users of sipXecs software
> Subject: Re: [sipx-users] Transfer troubles : REFER-TO not routed/modified
according to the dialplan

> I think its important to say that sipx and sipxbridge as an sbc is
designed to handle pstn sip trunks.
> I think you expect sipx and an unmanaged gateway to do more than they
should.

> I do think with the patton handles a refer properly. I don't think id
expect sipx or the patton to rewrite the header, invite or refer. you would
need an sbc to do that.

> at the same time if 4495 is dialed and sent to the patton I think a match
rule can be in applied on it to make sure it gets handled properly. i expect
the patton engineer you are speaking with can probably pull this off.