All,
 I created a group to deply IM settings to our IT office. All members of the
group, including MyBuddy display, however, MyBuddy would not respond to
commands. Group was configured as follows:

Instant Messaging
 Enable IM Account : checked
 Add user group as IM group: checked
 Add MyBuddy to the IM group: checked

MyBuddy
 Conference Entry IM: checked
 Conference Exit IM: checked
 VoiceMail Start IM: checked
 VoiceMail End IM: checked.

MyBuddy would show up in the pushed group. However, when you send an IM
command you would get no response. I had to disabled the Add MyBuddy to the
IM group and then have the users go in and click the MyBuddy button. This
pushed MyBuddy user and asked for authroization. After this, MyBuddy would
respond for individual users.

Could there be an issues where MyBuddy isn't getting authorized in the
client when he is automatically pushed via the User Group?

All users were using Pidgin.

SipX Server is running 4.4.0-2011-04-19

Jes

--

Jesse Becker  |  Technical Manager
Network+ | Linux+ Certified Professional

<http://www.sunyulster.edu/>

Check out our knowledge base:
http://kb.sunyulster.edu<http://kb.sunyulster.edu/>