What you are asking for is t.38 compatible stuff. I believe you have to
break new ground there in some respects.

Just to keep you on top of things, there is a patch to be tested and is
pending to render sipx received faxes in pdf format. Currently you can
receive faxes if your connection is t.38 compliant (pstn gateway or sip
trunk). You can also take an ATA device and register it to sipx and send out
via a t.38 trunk connected through sipx. I have done this myself using a
patton fxs gateway.

I certainly think sipx can mature to saving faxes to a smb share, but its
not been scheduled to be worked on yet. That type of feature with the above
pretty much makes it full featured IMO.

What I have not done is test a new device like a multitech fax finder with
t.38 and throw it into a network.  Good luck!

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 1:27 PM, Becker, Jesse <beck...@sunyulster.edu>wrote:

> All,
>  Does anyone of know a good centralize faxing solution that could work with
> sipx? That is, something that could register as SIP lines and receive calls
> from DID numbers for fax processing? Preferably, would be a device that
> would have the ability to receive the fax and then save as a PDF into a
> designated folder on a Windows file/SMB share.
>
> I am curious what solutions others may have found or implemented.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jes
>
> --
>

> Jesse Becker  |  Technical Manager
> Network+ | Linux+ Certified Professional
> SunGard Higher Education @ SUNY Ulster
> 491 Cottekill Road, Stone Ridge, NY  12484
> Tel 845-687-5064 | Fax 845-687-5105
> beck...@sunyulster.edu | www.sunyulster.edu
>
> <http://www.sunyulster.edu/>
>
> Check out our knowledge base: