From: sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org
[mailto:sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org] On Behalf Of Tony Graziano
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2011 10:51 AM
To: Discussion list for users of sipXecs software
Subject: Re: [sipx-users] Centralized Faxing

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 1:46 PM, Todd Hodgen <thod...@frontier.com> wrote:

Or build a filter into your email client to move the received attachment to
a known folder.

Yes, but then it is still in your email and still an attachment. A SMB
connection makes so much more sense on a network for so many reasons (to me
anyway). Sure, I can share an email folder, but then I have to open the
email, open the attchment and save it somewhere. An SMB connector to "file"
instead of email the attachment can do that. Perhaps email a notificiation
it was sent there, or email the attchment AND store it. Then the files are
sortable by date/time, etc., since they are already in a file system.