Wildcard certs have not been tested, but you can try the manual method
(MAKE SURE YOU BACK UP EVERYTHING IN /etc/sipxpbx/ssl before continuing):

*Modify /usr/bin/ssl-cert/gen-ssl-keys.sh and modify the following line:
*ServerKeyBits=1024

*Change this line to be:
*ServerKeyBits=2048

*In the sipXecs administration portal, browse to* *System >> Certificates.
Generate a CSR by entering all required information then click Generate.
This will create a certificate signing request that can then be submitted
to the certificate signing authority such as godaddy or verisign.

Once you have submitted the CSR to the certificate signing authority and
have received a certificate, follow these steps to activate it in sipXecs
**
Stop sipXecs*:
service sipxecs stop

*Now copy the certificate authorities and web cert to a safe location (in
case we need to restore them)*:
mkdir ~/sslbck
mkdir ~/sslbck/auth
cp /etc/sipxpbx/ssl/authorities/* ~/sslbck/auth
mv /etc/sipxpbx/ssl/ssl-web.crt ~/sslbck

*Remove all certificate authorities and symlinks*
rm -rf /etc/sipxpbx/ssl/authorities/*
rm -f /etc/sipxpbx/ssl/authorities.jks
rm -f /etc/sipxpbx/ssl/ssl-web.keystore

*Now copy the original certificate authorities back:*
cp ~/sslbck/auth/*.crt /etc/sipxpbx/ssl/authorities

*Manually copy in the intermediate CA certificate provided by your
certificate signing authority (with SFTP) to /etc/sipxpbx/ssl/authorities*

*Manually copy the certificate you received for your server (with SFTP) to
/etc/sipxpbx/ssl/ssl-web.crt*

*Change ownership of all modified files*
chown -R sipxchange:sipxchange /etc/sipxpbx/ssl/authorities
chown sipxchange:root /etc/sipxpbx/ssl/ssl-web.crt

*Start sipXecs:*
service sipxecs start

Josh Patten
eZuce