Mircea - Does this apply to wildcard certificates too? As I recall the
install script does not have a way to check a wildcard (even with the
intermediate already installed), or am I stuck in a past version of
how that works?

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 9:31 AM, Mircea Carasel <mirc...@ezuce.com> wrote:
> Henry,
> please find below the general steps needed to be followed using web UI to
> install a web certificate:
>
> Usually, if you want to install a web certificate, you first need to install
> a CA for that certificate (also called an intermediate certificate)
> The steps are:
> -generate a certificate request using sipxecs UI, send it to go-daddy, or
> verisign or any other Trusted Authority, and they will send you back two
> certificates:
> 1. the web certificate
> 2. the intermediate certificate (CA for the web certificate).
>
> The intermediate certificate has to be installed first - using the
> Certificate Authority page in sipxecs web ui
> Then you have to install the web certificate using the web certificate page
> in sipxecs web ui (if you don't install first the intermediate certificate,
> it will fail with invalid cert message in UI)
>
> The problem in UI was that the intermediate certificate  was verified to be
> a certificate authority (check-cert.sh --certificate-authority) *and* to be
> a certificate
>
> As George pointed out, please check with sipxecs rpms now in stage
>
> Mircea

Helpdesk Customers: http://myhelp.myitdepartment.net
Blog: http://blog.myitdepartment.net

Linked-In Profile: