On 2/8/2012 10:48 PM, Philippe Laurent wrote:
Gerald -

After repeated hours and iterations, and I'm at the point where I know I'm missing something.

I'll swallow my pride and say that I don't quite get how to do what you've proposed (IP Auth with Voip.ms + SIP URI + what you've done on the firewall to make it happen). I looked back at the list, and although I see you mention this in a previous voip.ms <http://voip.ms> discussion, I guess I missed the part about how it works.

Can you describe for me (us?) what you did where (sipx, firewall, voip.ms <http://voip.ms>) to make IP Auth to work? My clients have become very accustomed to voip.ms <http://voip.ms> rates, and if I can get their on-again off-again on-again service to behave a bit better (what has changed??), then it's a win-win.

Many thanks in advance for your time and efforts.

Philippe

In your voip.ms account:

   DID Numbers

       SIP URI's

           Create a new SIP URI

               The SIP URI can be {DID}@yourhostname.com:5080 or
               {DID}@yourIPaddress:5080

       Manage DID(s)

           Edit each DID and Change Routing from SIP/AIX to SIP URI and
           pick the SIP URI you created above.
           At this point your inbound calls are not dependent on your
           registration status.  Most people say the inbound calls
           actually connect (first ring) faster than through registration.

   Sub Accounts

       You may have been registering with the main account in which
       case you will not have any sub accounts.  You will have to
       create one.
       If you already have sub accounts you have the choice to change
       the existing sub account or create a new one.

       Create Sub Account

           Authentication type: Static IP
           IP Address: Your static Public IP
           Username: whatever you want (I don't think it matters)
           Device Type: Asterisk, ....
           NAT: yes (unless your server is configured with a public
           static IP)

       Manage Sub Accounts

           Edit the account you want to switch.  See "Create Sub Account"

In your Sipxecs Server

   Devices

       Gateways

           Edit Your Voip.ms account
           Under "ITSP Account"

               Show Advanced Settings
               Uncheck "Register on initialization"

Sipx will now say it has to restart some things.... go ahead and do that.
Sit back and enjoy your registration free connection.

--
Regards