I think I found the culprit here.  With BLA, everything works fine unless a
BLA (shared line)  calls a phone on the Cisco system across the SIP trunk.
Then the BLA on every phone stops working.  If you press the bridged line
on any phone you get brief dial tone then instant release until all phones
with that line are restarted.

I believe this feature may work fine once we finish our migration off the
Cisco system.