Todd,

No, I've not changed any port info. In the SBC SIP settings "Public Port" is empty, and "External Port" is the default of 5080. Also, in the voip.ms gateway, the only thing I changed from the default template is Username, Authentication Username, Password, and ITSP server address (changed from sip.ca2.voip.ms to atlanta.voip.ms). I set the Dial Plan to the built-in Long Distance dial plan and added the DID as an alias to the built-in Auto Attendant.

Stiles

On 03/27/2012 04:00 PM, Todd Hodgen wrote:

Stiles, are you by chance putting port numbers in fields that are blank? There are usually some fields that call for a port number that are blank, as they default to 5060, sometimes people fill those fields out. If you have changed a field from its default to something different, you will notice a dotted line around it to denote it is changed from the default. You would want to remove those and keep the defaults.

*From:*sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org [mailto:sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org] *On Behalf Of *Tony Graziano
*Sent:* Tuesday, March 27, 2012 12:49 PM
*To:* Discussion list for users of sipXecs software
*Subject:* Re: [sipx-users] voip.ms config

That looks wrong. The destination port for an outbound call should be 5060 not 5080. If you used the stock template the firewall is he issue here.

On Mar 27, 2012 3:38 PM, "Stiles Watson" <wat...@datatek-net.com <mailto:wat...@datatek-net.com>> wrote:

I have a Sonicwall NSA 240. I've gone back and deleted all the firewall rules and NAT policies related to sipx and only created new ones for 5080 UDP and 30000-31000 UDP, leaving 5060 blocked at this point. Sip transformations is turned off and Consistent NAT is turned on. When I make a call I see the following in the Sonicwall's Connections Monitor:

#

Src IP

Src Port

Dst IP

Dst Port

Protocol

Src Iface

Dst Iface

Flow Type

IPS Category

Expiry (sec)

Tx Bytes

Rx Bytes

Tx Pkts

Rx Pkts

1

174.34.146.162 (atlanta.voip.ms <http://atlanta.voip.ms>)

18530

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (sipx server)

30000

UDP

X1

X3

N/A

29

837786

754800

4259

3774

2

174.34.146.162

5060

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

5080

UDP

X1

X3

SIP Control

N/A

21

6335

5586

10

12

Connection #2, the SIP Control, is the registration connection and stays live all the time. #1 above only appears when there is an active call.

Stiles