VPN.

We use standard internal subnets 172.16 and 192.168 for all networks.
All the subnets are there, but it is what it is, the call on the
192.168.1.x network doesn't even leave our sip server even though the
dial plan says shoot it over to 172.16.20.8.

I'm sure its an mistake on our end (obviously) however, I don't think
I'll find any more insight here than what has already been given. All I
know is the server the calls originate from show a 500 internal server
error when dialing, where as when you dial one of the other VPN sites,
you see it route it over to the other site error free. There is no
difference in the cisco configs between the sites other than information
relevant to their link.

Aaron Pursell
Network Systems Administration
Easter Seals-Goodwill Northern Rocky Mountain, Inc.
4400 Central Ave
Great Falls, Montana  59405

(406) 771-3721
aar...@esgw.org
>>> Tony Graziano <tgrazi...@myitdepartment.net> 4/24/2012 9:29 AM >>>
is it an internal (vpn or locally connected) call?

if it is, do the subnets on each side reflect a local subnet (to not
invoke media relay)?

i am thinking if each system can see the other system and look it up
via dns and resolve the SRV to the local address or use a simple gateway
method (not as desirable, IMO), you probably forgot to add the subnets
for the other systems at the other end in each system...

if so, thats an oopsie on you.

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 11:12 AM, Tony Graziano