The domain alias setting comes to mind. Maybe worth a shot? In sipXsupervisor
-> System -> Domain -> and down at the bottom "Add Alias".

-----Original Message-----
From: sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org
[mailto:sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org] On Behalf Of m...@grounded.net
Sent: Saturday, June 23, 2012 2:47 PM
To: sipx-users
Subject: [sipx-users] DNS SRV one domain to another for remotes

Well, wasn't really sure how to word that in the subject but here's the issue.

I have some remotes that need to be migrated over to a new sipx server. I can't
get at their routers to change the old domain name and the new sipx box is on a
new domain name.

I was wondering if I could simply point the old domain dns information to the
new sipx box which has a new domain name. This would work fine using regular
dns but I'm not sure if sipx will allow the users to authenticate since sipx
won't know anything about the old domain name.

I could always add another domain name in the new sipx dns record but am still
not sure if sipx will allow them to authenticate since they are looking for a
different domain name. I realize dns srv is simply a means to get to a certain
domain but as I say, will sipx, which only knows about it's own domain allow
the user to authenticate?

I hope this makes sense.