But you haven't given me any information about WHERE this domain name
setting is programmed in this simple router such that it would make a
difference to the installation...

Re-read my question please.

Mike

On Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 5:45 PM, m...@grounded.net <m...@grounded.net>wrote:

> On Sun, 24 Jun 2012 17:28:17 -0400, Michael Picher wrote:
> > And, now, what  setting is it specifically that is programmed in the
> router
> > you are worried about?  And how many of them are you talking about here?
>
> Only a handful but none in just one area.
>
> The authentication information isn't going to change, only the domain name
> is. I am trying to propagate the last of the users from an old system I
> need to shut down and onto a new system. The replacement system has a
> different domain name however.
>

> > On Jun 24, 2012 11:04 AM, "m...@grounded.net" <m...@grounded.net> wrote:
> >
> >> They are all Linksys RT31P2-NA. Users were supposed to put them just
> >> behind their providers so we could get at them if we needed to change
> >> anything but some folks put them behind their own routers so we can't
> get
> >> at them. Since I can't change the router info, it would be cool if I
> >> could simply change the dns info, then shut down the old server so that
> >> those users automatically get moved to the new server.
> >

> >> On Sun, 24 Jun 2012 05:02:31 -0400, Michael Picher wrote:
> >> What are these routers you speak of?

Michael Picher, Director of Technical Services
eZuce, Inc.

300 Brickstone Square****

Suite 201****

Andover, MA. 01810