On 7/13/2012 2:15 PM, Kurt Albershardt wrote:
On Jul 13, 2012, at 9:55 , Kurt Albershardt wrote:

Everything appears to be working in the GUI, with the exception of the "Date and Time" menu item, which produces the familiar

An internal error has occurred. Click here <https://sipx.domain.com:8443/sipxconfig/restart.svc> to continue.

Installing ntp and rebooting the server did not change this behavior.

All of my phones (which I did finally manage to get registered) have USA-5 timezone set, and while I can manually update them I suspect that menu might allow me to set a system timezone?

Is your ntp server a linux server...
*

some older versions of ubuntu have the ntp.conf file in /var/lib/ntp/ntp.conf.dhcp, you may want to delete that one and use the one in /etc

Polycom will not sync the time if on the linux server you run:

ntpdate -q localhost

and you get back: "no server suitable for synchronization found"

if so then:

 *

   rm /var/lib/ntp/ntp.conf.dhcp

 *

   service ntp stop

 *

   ntpdate us.pool.ntp.org

 *

   edit /etc/ntp.conf

 *

   service ntp start

you can tell if the ntp server is connected to other ntp servers with:

ntpq -p

After you make the changes, ntp server may take a few minutes before it is synchronized.

*

--
Regards