I think the thing you are leaving out is the phone config generated by sipx
can load a different DNS setting than what you intended, which is why I
suggested this deployment option to avoid a conflicting configuration on
the UA itself.

Helpdesk Customers: http://myhelp.myitdepartment.net
Blog: http://blog.myitdepartment.net