Me thinks more bandwidth would be a better idea. In this type of instance
nothing will fix the problem without hitting it hard enough. Normally we
use a separate pass thru appliance to groom the internet bandwidth to keep
voice happy and prioritize by application (layer 7 stuff). We've never
found a more encompassing way of doing it that will auto recognize the
protocols we need given best priority.Even if this is what you do today,
using codec based policies, once your call capacity changes you are back to
the drawing board again. You might need to hunker down on whatever routers
you have an ensure you give your most important items best priority, but
I've never found a router that couldn't be fooled too easily by some new
app.

Helpdesk Customers: http://myhelp.myitdepartment.net
Blog: http://blog.myitdepartment.net