I saw that post. I have not digested it yet. There are two different points
of view on it "within" the sip stack itself, but I will post that to the
appropriate thread after I get some rest and look at it fresh.

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 11:36 PM, Mark Dutton <repl...@datamerge.com.au>wrote:

> Actually Tony, I do agree with you to a point. Accommodating
> higher bandwidth codecs is not really such a huge issue
> these days. Even here in Australia bandwidth is getting
> cheaper and I suppose we could end it there with this post.
>
> I have another post where I am asking for admission control.
> That is really the major issue as it is impossible to
> control how many calls traverse a link no matter what the
> protocol with sipX. All the QoS in the world won't help if
> the source of the traffic is overcommitting itself.
> --
> Regards
>
> Mark Dutton

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Linked-In Profile:
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/tony-graziano/14/4a6/7a4
Ask about our Internet Fax services!

Using or developing for sipXecs from SIPFoundry? Ask me about sipX-CoLab
2013!
<http://sipxcolab2013.eventbrite.com/?discount=tony2013>

Helpdesk Customers: http://myhelp.myitdepartment.net
Blog: http://blog.myitdepartment.net