On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 8:35 PM, Bryan Anderson <shadow...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, Thanks for the update on the Polycom, now I have something regarding
> updating DNS records/configuration.
>
> I had changed the "Domain Name" under system > domain.  It updated
> /etc/named.conf with the new name including the name of the zone file (I
> went from domain.net, to sipx.domain.net), but did not actually rename the
> zone file.

I'm glad you brought this up.  After working on and testing domain
name change from sipxecs-setup script, my new recommendation for this
is we remove the ability to change the domain name, primary host IP
address and primary host FQDN from the UI and require users to change
those values by rerunning sipxecs-setup.  All of those values, the
sipxconfig ui simply cannot work w/o restarting sipxconfig or even
restarting the network.