i would probably be good to make it not quite so easy to just change the
domain name.

Kind of like why upgrade is not in the gui anymore...

On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 7:21 AM, Tony Graziano <tgrazi...@myitdepartment.net
> wrote:

> I think that makes it all fixed!
> On Jul 27, 2012 7:00 AM, "Douglas Hubler" <dhub...@ezuce.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 8:35 PM, Bryan Anderson <shadow...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Ok, Thanks for the update on the Polycom, now I have something regarding
>> > updating DNS records/configuration.
>> >
>> > I had changed the "Domain Name" under system > domain.  It updated
>> > /etc/named.conf with the new name including the name of the zone file (I
>> > went from domain.net, to sipx.domain.net), but did not actually rename
>> the
>> > zone file.
>>

>> I'm glad you brought this up.  After working on and testing domain
>> name change from sipxecs-setup script, my new recommendation for this
>> is we remove the ability to change the domain name, primary host IP
>> address and primary host FQDN from the UI and require users to change
>> those values by rerunning sipxecs-setup.  All of those values, the
>> sipxconfig ui simply cannot work w/o restarting sipxconfig or even
>> restarting the network.
>>

> LAN/Telephony/Security and Control Systems Helpdesk:
> Telephone: 434.984.8426
> sip: helpdesk@voice.myitdepartment.**net<helpd...@voice.myitdepartment.net>
>
> Helpdesk Customers:
> http://myhelp.myitdepartment.**net<http://myhelp.myitdepartment.net>
> Blog: http://blog.myitdepartment.net

Michael Picher, Director of Technical Services
eZuce, Inc.

300 Brickstone Square****

Suite 201****

Andover, MA. 01810