I may be completely misunderstanding the capabilities of XMPP federation, so I wanted to post the question to the group here.

I have a client who is using Google Apps for Business right now. They use Gmail, Gdocs, and of course Gtalk.

In this scenario, is there any value (or capability) in the IM/presence features in SipX?

Initially, I don't see how there would be unless they're using SipX for IM and not Google's XMPP servers. But, there might be something I am missing... My experience with the built-in XMPP service is limited to IM/presence in Bria and other softphones that support XMPP.

Thanks!

-- Robert